Scribbled Thoughts

Scribbled ramblings of my thoughts, observations and ideas on life, creativity and anything that takes my fancy really...enjoy!

What are your points of interest? (0)

11:34 by , under

When I first set about writing a blog - yes I know it's only my fifth post but read on - I had it in mind that I wanted to try and discover parts of the web which were interesting and add value to it and in turn inspire readers (albeit it my friends for the time being) to look at things in a different light. I drew my inspirations from a number of existing blogs; Faris Yakobs, Crackunit, Sandrine Plassareud, Fallon planning, mashable... to name but a few. However, it is this post which I read recently, that kind of sums up what I actually have ended up doing and quite possibly what the aforementioned blogs do to a certain extent.

Aligning attention to points of interest

Faris basically summarises the web as a sort of telescope, which people use to look at things they find interesting. Some people will enjoy it and move on to the next 'point of interest' others will pass on their experiences (like I am now) and probably bore or inspire people to do the same!

Well with that in mind the rest of this post is about a few parts of the web that I have found interesting recently and regularly keep my eye on, it may not be everybody's cup of tea but what the hell, this is my blog I can write what I want!

James Taylor

No not the singer, but almost as talented (well in my eyes). He's a close friend of mine that dabbles in a bit of motion graphics and animation from time to time, as a media production graduate I find we share very similar views on topics such as comics, film, TV shows and sometimes even the occasional ad. But what I wanted to bring to your attention was his recent idea for a documentary which he has been working on for some while. Many of you will be able to draw parallels with a certain tweeting hitch hiker but I assure you this has been in the pipeline for some while now, I could go into more detail but I think he explains it better here. He also has produced a few animations like the one below.


the rant of karan from james taylor on Vimeo.

this is a lil typography animation that I did of my sister having a go at my mom lol

Gorrillaproductions21

Another thought provoking post by Faris got me thinking of this guy I knew, a fellow classmate and new found friend, the work he does kind of sums up what brands should allow their consumers to do – create their own take of something they believe the brand (in this case boxing) should be or means to them and share it with others. After all brands wouldn't exist if weren't for the paying customer in the same way boxing wouldn't be popular if fans couldn't talk about how they enjoyed the fight! Here's one of my favourite vids for you to oggle at!

Finally although he has had his coverage of late, I've got to tip my hat to the Paul whatever his name aka the Twitchhiker for what he is doing (rephrase) unlike the other two I don't know him personally but like many I have admiration for what he is attempting and wish him all the best, I will be following and supporting him via good old twitter and


Wow that was a pretty big post for me, well hope u enjoyed it – until next time!



| edit post

0 Reply to "What are your points of interest?"

Post a Comment