Scribbled Thoughts

Scribbled ramblings of my thoughts, observations and ideas on life, creativity and anything that takes my fancy really...enjoy!

Finding My Feet (0)

06:03 by , under

It's been a while since I updated this thing, what with deadlines, dissertations and revision. But whilst I'm suffering from what seems to be a mild case of information overkill I thought I'd write a little something to keep my mind active!

I seemed to have come to a point in my life where I'm not too sure where or what I should be doing, granted I should be looking forward to the end of university and formal education...for now, but what happens after that!? It seems luck hasn't been on my side as much as I'd like it to have been - after a years efforts of applying for graduate schemes I'm still at the same place where I started, JOBLESS! But maybe that's the way things are supposed to be? After all we are going through a recession or as Neil Perkins quite rightly points out a state of change as we move towards a more interactive way of competing.

Non-the-less I've not given up and hoping that brands are twigging on to the fact that advertising through a recession does not equate to bad capital investment (take a look at The Economists presentation below).



It seems however, nobody wants to employ a soon to be graduate with little experience, nobody wants to talk to a soon to be graduate with a little experience and therefore here I lie in soon to be post graduate limbo! Proving I have the passion and tenacity to succeed in advertising is difficult to say the least especially when those looking for flair and originality don't want to give you the time of day to prove otherwise. So on I plod re-writing my CV in new and inventive ways and making brain dumps of life and my personal experiences in this digital space in a bid somebody out there takes notice!

In the meantime I can't let a few set backs keep me down, after all life is too short and time is too precious! I'm wont get anywhere feeling sorry for myself and until I find my feet a little procrastination and idea generation isn't going to do any harm especially if I'm thinking of entering the AGP Young Talent Awards.



| edit post

0 Reply to "Finding My Feet"

Post a Comment